Tuesday, May 7, 2019

My First Ever Craft Show

Well, I officially have one craft show under my belt!  I had a great time visiting my hometown of Argos and supporting a good cause.  It was hard to know what I wanted to do,  so I found myself trying to set up on my dining room table.  Thank goodness my husband is understating!  I was working with my friend Karen for this show so we came up with a few things that we thought were important to us.  My husband took care of the main item and laser cut an official sign for our shop "Forever Friends Cards and Quilts."  He's amazing like that.  😁



 I even had the chance to try my hand at some chalkboard signs.  I pulled out a cheap dollar frame I had on hand and painted the glass with some chalkboard paint. (I even found it on clearance!)  I used the finished glass to make this sign:
 




We also wanted to make sure we had something mentioning custom orders and our payment options so that birthed these two.

Finally, we wanted to make sure that people knew our focus and our desire to donate to our community.
 

My husband made me some amazing laser cut tags to attach to my bags.  (Did I mention he's a keeper?)
 

Our final shop organization was not quite what we originally envisioned, thanks to the rain that was happening when we were setting up that morning.  We scrunched things together to keep everything dry and under the canopy.  My suggestion to all - spend the extra money for the straight leg canopy...those lost feet can make a big difference.  Unless of course you can borrow one, then be thankful you have a canopy!  All in all, I thought we did pretty well setting up for a couple of newbies!



I loved seeing some familiar faces and was grateful for each purchase that allowed me to support Aine.  She has 6 more treatments left and is currently in Cincinnati.  Please keep her and her family in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...