Tuesday, May 7, 2019

From the One Sheet Wonder to the 6x6 Paper Pad Challenge!

So I thought the One Sheet Wonder was a clever idea....and then there was the:

6x6 Paper Pad Challenge!


What you ask is that....it's like a one sheet wonder times 6!  Instead of just taking one sheet, you try to use a whole pad of 6x6 paper to make a batch of cards.  Since most paper pads have some coordination, the papers look great together and combine well.  

So for my last scrapbooking retreat I packed a little differently.  Instead of packing my normal scrapbook supplies, I packed my inks, a pile 8 1/2 x 11 papers and some of my favorite stamps and set off to see how many cards I could make from one pad of paper.  


Drum roll please!   

64!





I started with Bo Bunny's - Madelaine Paper Pad.


This handful of scraps is all I had left!  I started by matching up the papers with each other and choosing some layouts or card sketches and I came up with the following sets.


            
           Robin's Craft Room 3-2-11                      Operation Write Home #123

             
                                Reverse Confetti #29                                Freshly Made Sketches #205                                       
           
               Sweet Sunday Sketch #288                         Sketch Saturday #373     

           




From there I took the leftover pieces and put them together in a variety of layouts.  Some are my own layouts, but I also used a few sketches.
     

Robin's Craft Room 9-2-11        Operation Write Home #154

 . 
Starburst Technique                                                       Viva la Verve April 2011


    
 
 




Whew!  It was an amazing challenge, but one that I'll happily take on again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...