Saturday, May 4, 2019

Let the Adventure Begin!

Over the past year God has been presenting some new opportunities (along with a few challenges!) that have really blessed my heart.  One of those is trying to find a way to give back to those around me.  This past year has been full of God speaking and asking me to do little things as simple as "Go give them a hug," or "Ask how they are," to "Make him a meal," or even "Sell cards and donate."  I can't begin to express the blessing of following His lead, the people I have come to know.  I sometimes feel I'm gonna screw up in one of those moments and miss touching someone who just needed that little something, but am pushing on.

One of the ways God has been working on me these last few weeks is how I can be a financial blessing to others.  I'll be honest, we’re getting along just fine, but we're not exactly rolling in it.  In reading a devotional by Robert Morris, I was reminded that when we step out in faith, in accordance with God's will, we will find that He provides the means.  I had to laugh as over the next few days God continually proved this to me over and over.  So....

This blog is one step towards creating the means to be that financial blessing.  Here I'll chronicle the whole adventure, all the while sharing another love - card making and scrapbooking.  My goal is to provide donations to different groups and individuals in need through selling homemade cards.  On Saturday I begin this adventure at the Argos Spring Bazaar (double whammy as it's also a fundraiser itself!).  Saturday my friend Karen and I will take our newly created "Forever Friends Cards and Quilts" and do our best to sell some cards and quilts that will allow us to give back to others.  All the proceeds of my cards on Saturday will go to support the family of a young lady, Aine, who is only 14 and is battling Ewing’s sarcoma.

So join me on this new adventure - as I share my love making cards, scrapbooking and, hopefully, I have the opportunity to be a blessing to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...