Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Warmest Wishes Card #6



Today we finally have Card #6 for our ladies' event at church.  This one is probably my favorite.  This was the first time I had ever tried a double easel card.  I CASE'd the layout from Di Barnes.  I loved her design with the trees and and snowflakes.  I began with a Mint Macaroon card base for the largest easel.  Next I cut a piece to use as a mat from my Recollections Shades of Red pack.  To create the second easel I cut and scored a piece of white cardstock by Recollections (my usual 110 lb!).  Next I opened up the amazing new design paper from Stampin' Up - Let It Snow.  I cut mats to fit the front of both easels from the DSP then added some glitter washi tape by the seam.  For the Christmas trees I chose a tree image using Cricut Design Space and adjusted it to the height and width I wanted.  The trees were cut from Stampin' Up's Coastal Cabana.  Two of the trees were stamped with a tree image in VersaMark Frost to create some texture.  One was covered with another sheet of DSP from the let it Snow set.  Using Stampin' Up's snowflake dies I made the snowflake swirl and added some gems from Recollections to make them stand out a  little more.  Finally I used a stamp from the All Year Cheer I set from Stampin' Up as my sentiment.


Sorry for the next picture, for some reason the lighting is off, but it's actually the same card and paper as above.  The inside uses a snowman stamp from Holiday Silhouettes stamped in Coastal Cabana and another sentiment from the Stampin' Up set in Memento.



That finishes off my 6th and final card for our event.  Just love the multi-dimensional look when it's standing!


Supplies:
Cardstock:   Recollections - Shades of Red, White; Stampin' Up - Mint Macaroon, Coastal Cabana
Design Paper: Stampin' Up - Let It Snow
Stamps: Stampin' Up - All Year Cheer I, Inkadinkado - Holiday Silhouettes
Dies and Punches: Stampin' Up - Snowflakes
Ink: Stampin' Up - Coastal Cabana, Memento - Tuxedo Black, VersaMark - Frost
Embellishments: Glitter Washi, Recollections - Red Gems
Cricut Design Space

No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...