Saturday, November 16, 2019

Another New Card-Making Adventure!


My school started a new section of classes for Junior High students called 'Electives' this year.  They happen once a week in an added 9th period on Fridays.  There are a variety of courses including everything from cooking to film history.  I get the opportunity to lead a card making class!  For our first card, I wanted to keep stamping to a bare minimum so I focused more on card layering.  I started with a piece of mint cardstock from Hobby Lobby as the card base.  Next I use different design papers to create layers on the card with a fall pumpkin theme.  I used another shade of cardstock for the mats for the design paper.


I tried to keep the sentiment easy for them by choosing a set of Thank You stickers and putting them on a circle punched from the same mint cardstock as the base.  For some extra design I found an awesome ribbon with butons sewn on that we adhered to the front with glue dots.


For the interior we stamped a sentiment on a piece of the dark green we used as mats on the front.  I chose to add a piece of cardstock to the interior instead of stamping directly on the card base in case they made a mistake and had to flip the paper over.  😁😁  The girls did a great job and I was so excited to finish one in the short time we had that first day.  

Supplies:
Cardstock:   Paper Studio - Mint, Dark Mint
Design Paper: Hobby Lobby - Pumpkins, Plaid, Orange Foil Pumpkins, Dark Mint Pattern
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Dies and Punches: Circle Punch 2 1/4"
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Button Ribbon, Paper Studio - Thank You Stickers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...