Sunday, November 3, 2019

Merry Christmas Sizzix Die Card - Ladies' Night Card #3

What a crazy busy week!  It seems like things have been so full these last few weeks.  Thankfully, I've been able to enjoy a few card events in the midst of it all.  Today's card is another one I created for our ladies card day in November.  I began with a card die that I purchased at a craft show in Ft. Wayne.  They had some amazing products and since we don't have any scrapbooking or card shops in our area it was so nice to be able to see some new things.





I purchased this die with the card event in mind.  I started by using the Sizzix die to cut out the card base in white cardstock (110 lb, of course!)  With the type of die I was using, I might switch to a lighter weight cardstock when I make this with the ladies.  Next, I took a piece of red from the Recollections Shades of Red cardstock pack to create a mat for the interior that will show through around the front sentiment.  For the Outside sentiment and decorative interior mat I used some paper I purchased at Hobby Lobby.  After I attached them I cut a piece of white cardstock to make a mat for signing and decorated it with a Stapabilities row of stockings stamp in Memento - Tuxedo Black.  Finally, I used a piece of thin, Evergreen ribbon, wrapped it around and finished it with a bow.




Supplies:
Cardstock:   Park Lane - White, Recollections - Shades of Red
Design Paper: Hobby Lobby - Christmas Dotted Stripe, Christmas Polka Dots
Stamps: Stampabilities - Stocking Border
Dies and Punches: Sizzix - Merry Christmas Framelits Drop-ins
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Offray - Evergreen Ribbon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...