Saturday, November 9, 2019

Free as a Bird Christmas Card - #5

This card uses the amazing stamp set from Stampin' Up called Free as a Bird.  I love birds in general and this set is just amazing.  There are times that I don't know how they can eat so much bird feed in a short time, but I'm going to hope the quick turnaround is because we have so many birds, not just overeating birds.  😀

But back to the card!  I started with some wonderful metallic cardstock I got at a craft event in Ft. Wayne.  I made a mat for the front using Recollections Shades of Red cardstock behind a piece of design paper from Michaels.  Next I used a series of circle punches to create the front design using the Free as a Bird set and stamping it in Memento.  I used a piece of red ribbon between the circles and finished with a sentiment from Stampin' Up on white cardstock, matted again in Shades of Red.



For the interior I put a piece of the ribbon around a piece of white cardstock to create an interior mat.  The bird is fussy cut from the portion left over from the decorative stamp on the front.  Finally, I used my Stampin' Blends to color the birds to match the design paper.


Supplies:
Cardstock:   Recollections - Shades of Red, White; Rusted Curious Metallic Green
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Free as a Bird, Petite Pairs
Dies and Punches: Circle Punch 3", 2 3/4", 2 1/4"
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Blends - Dark/Light Calypso Coral;
Dark/Light Poppy Parade, Dark Crumb Cake
Embellishments: Celebrate It - Red Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Craft Show Fun

 Decided it was time to clear out some of my cards so I participated in a couple of craft shows with my dear friend,  Karen.  She makes awes...